Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Cheese in a can...Are you sure?


Oh yeah, I'm sure, and it is good. It's shredable, meltable and has a really nice, mild flavor. It is a bit on the pricey side ($3.99/can), but for me, it's worth getting a few cans for the long run. I mean, what good is food storage without all the ingredients to make a decent pizza? Seriously, we've had this cheese many times and it works well in recipes and the kids like it too. I may be doing a demo on it in one of my food storage classes. I know they carry this Read Feather cheese at Macey's, but I think you can get a single can from MRE Depot too if you're not a local and you just want to try it out. Check out the Macey's ad on Wednesday as well, I think they're either having a case lot sale or food storage sale; good deals either way.

1 comment:

k2 said...

Just a quick note. You've inspired us all to do food storage and last night at family meeting we did a thing on sprouting wheat. Next month I'm demoeing pita bread, humus & yogurt from our food storage. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS LONG TERM INSPIRATION. All you hard work is paying off.